Distinction from the OSA Board of Directors recognizes 219 OSA members for their experience, professional accomplishments
WASHINGTON – The Optical Society (OSA) Board of Directors is pleased to announce its 2019 class of new Senior Members. The Senior Member distinction, awarded this year to 219 OSA members, recognizes experience and professional accomplishment within the field of optics and photonics.
“We are proud to have such a distinguished and diverse group of optical scientists and engineers join the rank of Senior Membership,” said OSA President-Elect Steve Fantone. “Their contributions to their respective fields provide the fuel that powers future advances. On behalf of the OSA, I congratulate each of you.”
The 2019 class joins a distinguished group of scientists, engineers, entrepreneurs and innovators who have demonstrated exemplary professional accomplishments in optics and photonics. To qualify for OSA Senior Membership, individuals must have at least 10 years of significant professional experience in the field, five years of active OSA Membership and two endorsement statements from current OSA Members.
Senior Members receive the full complement of OSA Member benefits and services, plus:
• Special Recognitions – Senior Members are identified in the OSA Individual Directory, on OSA.org and during OSA-hosted events.
• Announcements – new Senior Members are announced in a news release, the OSA publication, Optics & Photonics News and the OSA Member newsletter.
• Senior Member Certificate and Lapel Pin – Recognition materials are distributed upon request.
• Letter of Recognition – Approved Senior Members may request that a confirmation letter be sent to their employer.
• Exclusive Senior Member Programs – From networking to mentoring, programs for Senior Members bring professionals together to learn and engage each year.