Orocobre Limited (ASX: ORE, TSX: ORL) (“Orocobre” or “the Company”) is pleased to provide the following update on the completion of pumping test activities at the Cauchari JV property located in Jujuy Province, Argentina.
The exploration program is being managed by JV partner Advantage Lithium Corp. (“Advantage Lithium”) (TSX Venture: AAL) (OTCQX: AVLIF) who hold 75% of Cauchari. Orocobre owns 33.5% of Advantage Lithium’s issued capital and 25% directly in the joint venture.
– CAU07 30 day constant rate pumping test was carried out at a rate of 22
l/s throughout the test; the pumping rate was limited by the construction
of the well
– Results of brine analyses over the 30 days averaged 650 mg/l Li and 4,970
mg/l K with Mg/Li of 2.2:1
– The 30 day test showed no drawdown in piezometers located above and at
the top of the brine body. The dynamic level in the pumping well showed
40 m of drawdown over the test.
– An updated resource estimation is underway and will incorporate the
significantly greater drilling depths of the Phase III program just
– Preliminary design of production wellfields is underway for the
Feasibility Study, using the results of the long-term CAU07 and CAU11
Orocobre Managing Director and CEO Mr Martn Prez de Solay