The average cost of unleaded petrol is set to increase by around 17 cents per litre (cpl) to 151.1 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 24 December 2019, most branded retailers are increasing their ULP price – Coles Express hiking by up to 36 cpl up to 165.9 cpl, Caltex to 164.9, BP to 162.9 cpl, 7-Eleven to 161.7 cpl, United to 153.9 cpl and Vibe to 149.5 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 80 sites selling below 134 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 37 cpl, which means you can save up to $22 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 129.7 cpl at BP Sawyers Valley in the East;
- 127.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Southern River in the South; and
- 127.7 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Ellenbrook in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 131.3 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Forrestfield in the East;
- 128.3 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Canning Vale in the South; and
- 128.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Aveley in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au