Brisbane City Council wishes to advise aerial mosquito treatments will be undertaken on Friday 11 January following recent rainfall.
Aerial treatments will be undertaken by helicopter, commencing at 7am at Tinchi Tamba Wetlands and covering the Tinchi Tamba Wetlands at Bald Hills and other nearby sites in Brighton.
Residents are reminded to undertake simple steps around their home to minimise mosquito numbers by checking and emptying any containers holding water such as old tyres, birdbaths, boats and pot plant bases.
You can protect yourself from mosquitoes by:
- limiting your time outdoors around dawn and dusk;
- using repellents containing either Picaridin or DEET;
- wearing loose fitting, light coloured protective clothing when outdoors;
- using mosquito nets and screens;
- using mosquito coils and lanterns.