Armed Crime Squad detectives have charged a 38-year-old man after two men sustained gunshot wounds in the Geelong area earlier this week.
The two men, a 37-year-old from Norlane and 26-year-old from Clarkson, attended Geelong Hospital with non-life threatening gunshot wounds just before 2am on Thursday.
Police were notified of the incident and began investigating.
Last night detectives arrested a Norlane man and charged him with:
– intentionally cause serious injury
– intentionally cause injury
– reckless conduct endangering life
– prohibited person use firearm
– trafficking methylamphetamines
– deal in proceeds of crime
– possess prohibited weapon (knuckle-dusters).
He was remanded in custody to appear in Melbourne Magistrates’ Court today.
Police will also issue $1652 penalty notices to 10 people located at the Kookaburra Court home, where the 38-year-old man was arrested, who were found to be in breach of the directions issued by the Chief Health Officer.
The directions by the Chief Health Officer, under the State of Emergency declared in Victoria, have been enacted to help stop the spread of Coronavirus