A 24-year-old man will reappear in court today after improvised weapons were located at a home near Liverpool.
On Thursday 14 March 2019, officers from Bass Hill Region Enforcement Squad and detectives from Liverpool City Police Area Command, attended a home on Balanada Avenue, Chipping Norton, to conduct a search under the provisions of a Firearms Prohibition Order and Weapons Prohibition Order.
During the search, police located and seized a number of weapons including a spring assisted flick knife, fireworks, a replica firearm, a loaded ‘Hellfire’ speargun, two samurai swords, a standard sword and a compound bow.
Police also seized paperwork titled ‘Improvised Weapons of the American Underground’, and an amount of cannabis.
A 24-year-old man was arrested and taken to Liverpool Police Station, where he was charged with eight offences;
- Manufacture firearm without licence/permit
- Possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority
- Not keep firearm safely-prohibited firearm
- Possess prohibited drug
- Supply prohibited drug
- Possess/attempt to, prescribed restricted substance
- Use prohibited weapon contrary to prohibition
- Acquire etc prohibition firearm-subject prohibition order
The man was refused bail to appear at Liverpool Local Court on Monday 25 March 2019, where he was formally refused bail to reappear at the same court today (Tuesday 7 May 2019).