A man has been charged with numerous offences following a search warrant in the state’s northern tablelands last week.
About 11am on Friday (22 October 2021), police were called to a home on Pakington Street, Walcha, following reports of a domestic-related incident between a 51-year-old man and 48-year-old woman – who are known to each other.
Officers attached to Oxley and New England Police District attended and arrested the man who was taken to Walcha Police Station.
Following enquiries, officers executed a search warrant at the home just before 5pm the same day.
During the search, officers seized, cannabis seeds, cannabis leaf, 16 cannabis plants, ammunition, a shotgun, throwing knifes and a crossbow.
The man was charged with;
- destroy or damage property
- stalk/intimidate intend fear physical harm
- resist officer in execution of duty
- possess prohibited drug (x2)
- cultivate prohibited plant
- possess ammunition w/o holding licence/permit/authority
- possess unregistered firearm-not pistol/prohibited firearm
- and possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit (x2)
The man was refused bail and appeared before Tamworth Local Court on Saturday 23 October 2021. He was given conditional bail to appear at Walcha Local Court on Friday 19 November 2021.
Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence.