Issued at 3.40pm, Wednesday 19 June 2019
Police have charged a man with drug, weapon and firearm offences in the state’s north-west today.
On Saturday 23 May 2019, the man was served a Firearm Prohibition Order and Weapons Prohibition Order following investigations by Walgett Target Action Group.
The male, aged 60, attended Lightning Ridge Police Station about 10.30am yesterday (Tuesday 18 June 2019).
A short time later police from Central North Police District conducted a search of the man’s residential address.
Police located a number of prohibited items including a firearm, ammunition, a weapon and cannabis.
The man was arrested and taken to Lightning Ridge Police station, where he was charged with seven offences, being:
- Use prohibited weapon contrary to prohibition order
- Possess unregistered firearm-not prohibited firearm/pistol
- Not keep firearm safely-not prohibited firearm
- Firearm etc found at premises-subject to prohibition order (x2)
- Possess ammunition w/o holding licence/permit/authority
- Possess prohibited drug
The man was bail refused at Walgett Local Court today (Wednesday 19 June 2019) and will appear at Dubbo Local Court on Thursday 20 June 2019.