Police investigating after baby dies in house fire at Bargo

Police are investigating after a baby girl died in a house fire in Sydney’s south-west last night.

Emergency services were called to the house on Avon Dam Road, Bargo, about 6.25pm (Sunday 12 July 2020) after reports of a fire.

Fire and Rescue NSW and the Rural Fire Service worked to extinguish the blaze, which destroyed the house.

During a search of the home, the body of a five-month-old girl was found inside.

NSW Ambulance paramedics treated a 79-year-old woman and 57-year-old man for smoke inhalation and lacerations. A 27-year-old woman was treated for shock.

They were taken to Campbelltown Hospital in a stable condition. An 18-month-old boy, who appeared uninjured, was also taken to hospital as a precaution.

Officers from Camden Police Area Command established a crime scene and are investigating the circumstances surrounding the fire.

Anyone with information about this incident is urged to contact Crime Stoppers: 1800 333 000 or https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au. Information is treated in strict confidence.

/Public Release. The material in this public release comes from the originating organization and may be of a point-in-time nature, edited for clarity, style and length. View in full here.