A man will face court today charged after allegedly assaulting three police officers and a police horse in Sydney’s CBD.
About 5.45pm yesterday (Wednesday 11 December 2019), police will allege a 38-year-old man assaulted a female senior constable at the intersection of Pitt and Park streets.
After assaulting the officer, he allegedly kicked and slapped a police horse.
Following a short foot pursuit, the man allegedly spat at two male constables before he was arrested.
When he was placed in the police van, he allegedly kicked the door and damaged the vehicle.
The man was taken to Day Street Police Station, where he was charged with ten offences, including:
- two counts of behave in offensive manner in/near public place,
- three counts of assault police officer in execution of duty,
- resist or hinder police officer in the execution of duty,
- commit an act of cruelty upon an animal,
- destroy or damage property, and
- wilfully prevent free passage of person/vehicle.
- escape lawful custody
The man was refused bail to appear at Central Local Court today (Thursday 12 December 2019).