Prahran police have charged a man following an alleged crime spree in South Yarra yesterday.
The 29-year-old Reservoir man has been charged with:
• Theft of motor vehicle’
• Theft from motor vehicle (x4)
• Attempted theft from motor vehicle (x 10);
• Dangerous driving whilst being pursued by police;
• Reckless conduct endangering life’
• Fail to stop on police direction;
• Unlicenced driving’
• Drive whilst drug affected; and
• Fail oral fluid test.
He was remanded and will appear at Melbourne Magistrates Court today.
The charges come after police arrested the man in an allegedly stolen Subaru after they attempted to intercept him on Little Chapel Street about 6.30pm.
Officers followed the vehicle and arrested the man after he allegedly abandoned the vehicle in Anne Street Prahran.
The vehicle was allegedly stolen earlier in the day from a building on Chapel Street.
It is alleged the man broke into four vehicles and attempted to access a further 10 before stealing the Subaru inside the building’s car park.
The man also failed an oral fluid test