Raptor Squad have charged a man after locating two firearms and a hand grenade during a FPO search in Sydney’s west yesterday.
About 6am (Monday 12 July 2021), Raptor Squad investigators conducted a Firearms Prohibition Order (FPO) search at a home at Lethbridge Park.
During the search officers seized two rifles, ammunition, knuckle dusters and an inert hand grenade.
Officers also seized documentation, a poker machine and a crystallised substance, believed to be prohibited drugs.
All items seized will undergo further examination.
A 36-year-old man was arrested and taken to Mt Druitt Police Station, where he was charged with 22 offences including;
- possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit (x3),
- use prohibited weapon contrary to prohibition order (x3),
- fail to ensure safe keeping of prohibited weapon (x3),
- manufacture prohibited weapon without a permit,
- acquire firearm – subject to prohibition order (x2)
- acquire ammunition – subject to prohibition order (x3),
- possess unauthorised firearm (x2),
- not keep firearm safely – not pistol/prohibited firearm (x2), and,
- possess ammunition without holding licence/permit/authority (x3).
He was refused bail to appear at Mt Druitt Local Court today (Tuesday 13 July 2021).
Strike Force Raptor was established in 2009, before becoming a standalone squad in 2021. Raptor Squad conducts proactive investigations and intelligence-based, high-impact policing operations to prevent and disrupt conflicts, and dismantle any network engaged in serious organised criminal activity.
Anyone with information, including relevant photos and videos, that may assist the Raptor Squad can report it directly to investigators via their online reporting page: https://www1.police.nsw.gov.au/Default.aspx?id=49 or call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Information provided to investigators will be treated in the strictest of confidence.