We’re looking for volunteer community representatives to be part of the Sustainable Environment Advisory Committee for a three-year term (2021-2024).
The Committee will provide Council with informed and constructive advice which will help guide Council on environment and sustainability issues.
No matter what your background or field of expertise is, we welcome community members from all walks of life to apply.
The Committee are responsible for a wide range of tasks and will:
- Represent a range of sectors and opinions relating to the natural environment
- Provide local knowledge and expertise about the Yarra Ranges natural environment
- Provide informed and constructive advice in regard to a wide range of environmental issues and the management of the local natural environment.
- Identify emerging issues of concern to the health of the natural environment
- Provide feedback on a range of Council policies, strategies, and key environmental stewardship initiatives
- Assist in determining Council priorities in regard to environmental management
- Support and assist the Council’s efforts to consult with and advocate to the broader Yarra Ranges community on environmental sustainability issues
Applications to join the Sustainable Environment Advisory Committee closes 5pm Friday 27 August 2021.