The Sydney Cardiovascular Symposium, Australia’s premier cardiovascular research event, is returning in 2021, in person. This year’s thought-provoking theme is remodelling and regeneration in cardiovascular research and clinical practice.
- Date: 9 – 10 December 2021
- Venue: Messel Lecture Theatre, Sydney Nanoscience Hub, The University of Sydney
- Website: www.sydneycvsymposium.org.au
- Cost: Free to attend, but register to secure your place
Hosted jointly by the Heart Research Institute and the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, the Sydney Cardiovascular Symposium’s vision is to make the world’s best cardiovascular expertise accessible to all researchers, and to facilitate collaboration to translate this expertise into clinical practice and establish NSW as the preeminent Australian leader in cardiovascular research.
Two leading international researchers will be presenting the keynote address and joining select workshops.
- Princesses’ Lecture: Professor Ralf Adams, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine
- Clinical Lecture: Professor Eduardo Marbán, Cedars Sinai Heart Institute
The event anticipates welcoming over 300 researchers and interested parties from major medical research institutes, all NSW universities and umbrella bodies such as Sydney Health Partners.
Thursday 9 December will have a focus on early and mid-career researchers (EMCRs), with the opportunity for poster presentations and to join an evening of networking drinks.
The full program will be released and registration for the event as well as poster and abstract submissions will open in August 2021.