Shellharbour City Council will soon host ‘Sea the Light’, a series of lantern-making workshops this summer in preparation for The Waterfront Food and Wine Festival next February.
The lantern-making sessions are free, family-friendly and will be hosted by local artist Kylie Morrison, and Phil Relf from IKARA Celebratory Events.
The first workshops will be held on Friday 17 December and Saturday 18 December at the Imaginarium in Shellharbour Village and are open to all ages.
The lanterns will be part of a community-led Lantern Parade at The Waterfront Food and Wine Festival on Saturday 26 February as part of the festival finale and fireworks display.
The full program of workshops are below:
- Community Workshop, Friday 17 December, 5.30-7.30pm
- Community Workshop, Saturday 18 December 10.30am-12.30pm
- Small Lantern Creation (5-12 years), Tuesday 25 January 10.30am-12.30pm and 2-4pm
- Small Lantern Creation (13-17 years), Saturday 29 January 10.30am-12.30pm
- Large Lantern Creation – Intensive (18+), Friday 18 February 11am-4pm
- Large Lantern Creation – Intensive (18+), Saturday 19 February 11am-4pm
- Large Lantern Creation – Intensive (18+), Sunday 20 February 11am-4pm
- Large Lantern Creation – Intensive (18+), Monday 21 February 11am-4pm
Shellharbour City Council CEO, Carey McIntyre, said the workshops were a wonderful way to get creative and contribute to the first large-scale event at The Waterfront Shell Cove.
“These workshops provide a great opportunity to get involved in the creative process involved in lantern making. It will be wonderful to see the end result at the festival,” Mr McIntyre said.
Workshop bookings: https://events.humanitix.com/sea-the-light-lantern-making-workshops?_ga=…