Northern Territory Police have promoted six of its members to the rank of Superintendent.
The following members have been promoted:
- Superintendent Peter Malley, Territory Duty Superintendent
- Superintendent Lee Morgan, Territory Duty Superintendent
- Superintendent James Gray-Spence, Territory Duty Superintendent
- Superintendent Meghan Funnell, Territory Duty Superintendent
- Superintendent David Moore, Territory Intelligence
- Superintendent Kirsten Engels, Regional Crime (Alice Springs)
18 Senior Sergeants applied for the positions.
Commissioner Jamie Chalker APM said this displays a strong commitment to leadership through the ranks of the police force.
“I congratulate the successful candidates and thank everyone who applied for the positions.
“Superintendents Malley, Funnell, Engels, Morgan, Gray-Spence and Moore demonstrated their commitment to the vision of a safe and resilient Northern Territory and our mission to serve and protect.
“These superintendents have an extensive depth and breadth of experience. They have exhibited the leadership qualities necessary to drive cultural reform.
“Throughout their careers they have shown themselves as high quality stewards and officers who keep the interests of our police force front and centre.
“I’m proud that we have this calibre of people within our force.”