There are two new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 reported today. Today’s cases are a female in her 40s and male in his 70s, whose infections are linked to previously confirmed cases in the Modbury Cluster.
In addition, there is one case today, a young boy, who acquired his infection overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival.
A man in his 80s and a woman in her 80s remain in the Royal Adelaide Hospital in a stable condition.
All exposure locations and associated health advice relating to the Modbury Cluster can be found at: www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVIDcontacttracing.
Modbury cluster cases
- Total new cases today – 2
- Total cases – 18
Total case breakdown
- Total new cases today – 3
- Total number currently in hospital – 2
- Total cases to date – 855
- Recovered cases – 822
- Deaths – 4
- Tests carried out yesterday – 23,719
- Total tests to date – 1,822,341
- Active cases – 29
- Overseas acquired – 11
- Close contact – 17
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) – 0
- Interstate acquired – 1
- Under investigation – 0
- Total vaccinations administered to date – 799,665*
* Figure includes both Commonwealth and SA Health administered vaccines.