Swift response limits house fire damage

Local brigades were able to keep a house fire from spreading beyond two rooms when a Lawloit home caught fire on Monday morning.

Swift response limits house fire damage

A fire that started from the fireplace was reported just after 8am, with five local brigades responding.

District 17 Commander Lindsay Barry said thanks to the use of breathing apparatus and infrared cameras, firefighters were able to limit the spread of the fire beyond two rooms and put the fire out by 8.41am.

One occupant was at home at the time and self-evacuated after calling 000.

“She’s done the right thing by closing the doors as she’s evacuated, which also helped contain the fire to the affected rooms,” Commander Barry said.

/CFA News Release. View in full here.