A new and exciting initiative supporting innovative local entrepreneurs called ‘The INNovation Crowd’ has officially launched in Baw Baw Shire.
The collaboratively crafted program aims to provide real support to local entrepreneurs at all stages of their business development – from bright ideas to market-ready businesses.
Originally developed by the City of Casey Council and Cardinia Shire Council, the program has now expanded into Baw Baw Shire with the official launch taking place yesterday evening at Frankie’s Café in Warragul.
The program was initially developed after recognition of the great economic value of keeping local start-up talent in the region and the need to better support them.
The vision of the bespoke program is to build a sustainable entrepreneurial ecosystem that supports local employment and attracts investment and jobs.
Support services offered to local entrepreneurs and start-ups by the program include:
- Monthly events: Monthly themed training sessions tackling common start-up challenges, and monthly informal networking events to help connect with other like-minded local people.
- Masterclass: Panel style discussions to focus on common small business and start-up needs, such as finance, legal and marketing.
- Humble Hustle: Structured networking events designed to encourage collaboration between existing members and welcome new members to the start-up community.
- Annual Innovation Summit: A showcase event that brings together a number of initiatives designed to energise the start-up community and showcase the excellent work they do.
- Tailored Business Development Programs: Including a mentor support program to guide eligible start-ups along their journey and a start-up bootcamp for eligible start-ups with intensive mentoring and advice.
The program is open to anyone in the Casey/Cardinia/Baw Baw region who has an innovative business idea and the drive to make it work. Participants under 18 years must be accompanied by an adult/parent.