The average price of unleaded petrol is set to increase by over 20 cents per litre (cpl) to 150.6 cpl tomorrow, so FuelWatch is encouraging Perth drivers to fill up today to save money.
FuelWatch advises that on Tuesday 16 July 2019, most Caltex sites are increasing their ULP price to 159.9 cpl (hiking by 30 cpl). Most Caltex Woolworths and Puma sites are increasing their ULP price to 159.7 cpl, most BP sites to 157.9 cpl, most Coles Express sites to 156.9 cpl, most 7-Eleven sites to 155.9 cpl and many Vibe sites to 153.7 cpl.
Perth’s weekly petrol price cycle results in prices, on average, being cheapest on Sunday and Monday and at their most expensive on Tuesday and Wednesday – that’s why FuelWatch recommends filling up today.
If you need to fill up tomorrow, use FuelWatch as there are still over 25 sites selling below 128 cpl. The difference between the highest and lowest priced sites is 35 cpl, which means you can save up to $21 on a 60 litre tank of fuel.
Monday’s cheapest ULP is available for:
- 126.5 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Forrestfield in the East;
- 124.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Maddington West in the South; and
- 124.1 cpl at Caltex Woolworths Mirrabooka in the North.
Tuesday’s cheapest ULP will be available for:
- 129.7 cpl at Puma Wattle Grove and Vibe Toodyay Rd (Gidgegannup) in the East;
- 124.3 cpl at United Southern River in the South; and
- 124.3 cpl at United Bassendean in the North.
Drivers can head to the mobile compatible www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au site to find the cheapest fuel in their area. Log on after 2.30pm each day to compare today’s and tomorrow’s prices. You can also sign up for free emails along with the 12,000 others who benefit from daily updates. Alternatively, phone 1300 30 40 54.