Stage 3 restrictions as a result of the Coronavirus / COVID-19 mean you can only go out for essential reasons.
As agreed by National Cabinet, gatherings are now restricted to no more than 2 people except for members of your immediate household and for work or education.
Essential reasons for going out as defined under the Stage 3 restrictions include:
- shopping for what you need – food and essential supplies
- medical, care or compassionate needs
- exercise in compliance with the public gathering requirements
- work and study if you can’t work or learn remotely
Many people at home are taking the opportunity to have a clean out. If you’ve had a clean out and have hard waste to dispose of, try our ‘at-call’ service and we’ll pick it up for you and you can safely stay at home.
Our at-call hard waste collection is in addition to the annual free collection that usually occurs in August and September.
The hard waste is ‘at-call’, which means people can book for a week that suits them.
These items must not exceed two cubic metres (2m3) which is equal, for example, to 2m long by 1m deep by 1m high.
How to find the volume of your hard waste stack:
- Measure the three dimensions in metres
- Multiply these three dimensions, for example: 2m x 1m x 1m = 2m3 (volume)
- The volume should be 2m3 or less