Two people have been charged over a public place shooting at Darling Harbour, after being arrested in a police operation at Parramatta this morning, NSW Police say.
Officers from Sydney City Police Area Command were assisted by the Tactical Operations Unit (TOU) when they entered a room in a hotel on church Street, Parramatta, about 3.30am (Sunday 7 October 2018).
A 36-year-old man and a 34-year-old woman were arrested without incident and were taken to Parramatta Police Station where they were charged in relation to the shooting at a Darling Harbour restaurant on Saturday 15 September 2018.
The man has been charged with
• Fire firearm in or near public place
• Fire firearm at other than dwelling, disregarding safety
• Possess loaded firearm in a public place
• Use unauthorised prohibited firearm, and,
• Possess unregistered unauthorised pistol in public place.
The woman has been charged with fire firearm at other than dwelling disregarding safety (accessory after the fact).
Both were refused bail to appear in Parramatta Bail Court today (Sunday 7 October 2018).