Surry Hills Regional Enforcement Squad (RES) investigators have charged two people and seized 2.5kg of cocaine, two firearms and more than $15,000 cash as part of investigations into the ongoing supply of cocaine across Sydney.
In September 2020, detectives from the Surry Hills RES established Strike Force Riesling to investigate the ongoing supply of cocaine by a criminal syndicate operating in Sydney.
Just before 8am yesterday (Thursday 25 February 2021), strike force officers with the assistance of the Public Order and Riot Squad (PORS), Central Metropolitan Region Operations Support Group, the Dog Unit and the Police Rescue and Bomb Disposal Unit simultaneously executed three search warrants at homes in Greenacre, Bossley Park and Punchbowl.
During the search on Acacia Avenue at Greenacre, police allegedly located and seized 2.5kg of cocaine, an AR15 rifle with four loaded magazines, three ballistic vests, nearly $7000 cash and a large amount of ammunition.
During the search at Bossley Park, police allegedly located more than $10,000 cash, and a jet-ski and trailer.
Police allegedly located mobile phones, a 22LY pistol and ammunition at the home on Noble Avenue, Punchbowl.
All items have been seized for forensic examination.
A 35-year-old man was arrested at Greenacre and taken to Bankstown Police Station where he was charged with:
• Two counts of supply prohibited drug more than commercial quantity
• Supply prohibited drug on an ongoing basis
• Knowingly direct activities of criminal group
• Possess/attempt to prescribe restricted substance
• Possess unauthorised prohibited firearm
• Possess unregistered firearm
• Possess ammunition without holding a licence/permit
• Two counts of not keep firearm safe, possess or use prohibited weapon without permit
• Not police officer wear police uniform
• Possess prohibited drug
• Knowingly deal in proceeds of crime
He was refused bail to appear in Bankstown Local Court today (Friday 26 February 2021).
A 27-year-old woman was arrested at Bossley Park and taken to Fairfield Police Station. She was charged with supply prohibited drug on an ongoing basis, supply prohibited drug more than an indictable quantity, knowingly deal with proceeds of crime, deal with proceeds of crime, and participate in a criminal group.
She was refused bail to appear in Fairfield Local Court today.
Investigations under Strike Force Riesling are continuing.