The British Office Taipei will showcase the UK’s offshore wind expertise with visionary British companies at the ‘UK Pavilion at Energy Taiwan’ in Taipei Nangang Exhibition Centre Hall II on 8-10 December.
This is the first time that the UK will host a themed pavilion at the Energy Taiwan exhibition, demonstrating the commitment by UK offshore wind supply chain companies to support Taiwan’s ambitions for offshore wind and renewable energy.
The UK is the world leader in offshore wind, with more installed capacity than any other country. The UK has almost twenty years of renewable energy engagement with Taiwan, especially on offshore wind. Since 2004, the British Office Taipei has been sharing the UK’s experience in energy policy, industrial development and R&D with Taiwan.
Taiwan is now the UK’s largest offshore wind market in Asia Pacific region with over 30 UK offshore wind companies having opened offices in Taiwan; many of these offices serving as the regional Asia-Pacific hub. The UK’s credit agency, UK Export Finance, has provided more than five hundred million pounds in credit guarantees to three offshore wind farms in Taiwan.
Eight UK companies with business operation in Taiwan will also be exhibiting at the UK Pavilion to demonstrate UK supply chain expertise on offshore windfarm planning & construction, engineering consultancy services, crew transfer vessels, O&M services, blade services, floating wind technology, and temporary power & temperature solutions for offshore wind farms.
John Dennis, Representative of the British Office Taipei will be opening the UK pavilion with eight leading British supply chain businesses and welcome the industry practitioners to visit the Pavilion.
The official opening of the UK Pavilion at Energy Taiwan 2021:
Date: Wednesday, 8 December 2021
Time: 11:30 – 12:15
Venue: Booth Q0524, Taipei Nangang Exhibition Centre Hall II
Eight UK companies presenting at the UK Pavilion: (in alphabetical order)
- Aggreko International Projects: temporary power & temporary temperature solutions for offshore wind services
- Correll Electrical Engineering Taiwan Branch: electrical engineering, blade services, and energy services
- CWind Taiwan: crew transfer vessels, offshore technicians, construction and O&M services
- Flotation Energy Taiwan: floating offshore wind farm development
- James Fisher Renewables: offshore wind farm solutions dedicated to the technical and operational aspects of construction preparation, installation, specialist operation and maintenance
- Offshore Wind Consultants Taiwan (OWC): offshore wind engineering consultancy services
- Taiwan Mott MacDonald: Engineering consultancy services
- Taylor Hopkinson: a recruitment partner in renewable energy industry, specialising in the offshore and onshore wind, solar and energy storage sectors.