The Victorian vegetable industry has once again gathered to acknowledge and celebrate the achievements of the state’s growers and industry members at the 2019 AUSVEG VIC and Wolfdene Awards for Excellence.
Around 200 growers and industry members gathered at Kooyong Tennis Club on Friday 3 May to recognise the leadership and dedication of many respected individuals within the state’s vegetable industry.
The winners of the 2019 AUSVEG VIC and Wolfdene Awards for Excellence are as follows:
• Jeremy Haw, Hussey & Co – Grower of the Year (proudly sponsored by Wolfdene).
• Carl Young, Red Gold – Young Grower of the Year (proudly sponsored by VISY).
• Michael Evans, Mulgowie Farming Company – Environmental and Sustainability Award (proudly sponsored by Butler Market Gardens).
• Karl Riedel, KR Consulting – Community Stewardship Award (proudly sponsored by Elders).
• Mark and Darren Schreurs, Peter Schreurs & Sons – R&D Adoption and Industry Impact Award (proudly sponsored by VegNET Victoria).
• Carmel Ingram, Bonaccord Ingram – Women in Horticulture (proudly sponsored by Boomaroo Nurseries).
AUSVEG VIC President Paul Gazzola also presented awards to Angelo Taranto and Rocky Lamattina in recognition of their dedicated service to the Victorian vegetable industry, both as individual growers and also for their commitment to the state association.
“Every year, the AUSVEG VIC and Wolfdene Awards for Excellence provides an opportunity to pause and recognise the tireless contributions that leading individuals make to ensure the Victorian vegetable industry remains strong and profitable into the future,” AUSVEG VIC State Manager Tom Cohen said.
“I would like to congratulate the winners, as well as every individual and business that was nominated for an award, and thank them for their dedication to the industry.”
The winners will be nominated for the Hort Connections 2019 National Awards for Excellence, which will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on 26 June.
AUSVEG VIC represents the interests of vegetable growers across Victoria and provides them with a united voice and strong representation with all levels of government.
For photographs of the awards ceremony or to request