- Virgin Australia continues to expand its domestic network today launching two additional routes between Hobart – Adelaide and Hobart – Perth in time for the summer holidays.
- The new direct services will go on sale from today with introductory one-way Economy sale fares starting from $49* between Hobart and Adelaide, and $149* between Hobart and Perth, available until midnight Sunday 26 September or until sold out. Sale fares are eligible for the Velocity bonus Status Credits offer^.
- The commencement of these two new Hobart routes and two Launceston routes earlier this month will see Virgin Australia add an additional 18,000 seats per month.
- Sale fares are available to be booked using travel credits and Future Flight credits (excluding Economy Lite fares).
- Booking flexibility to change or cancel to travel credit with no fees, available for travel up to 28 February 2022**.
21 September 2021: Virgin Australia will introduce two new direct Hobart services, as the airline continues to expand its network schedule in markets with open borders ahead of the Christmas holiday period.
The services include the introduction of direct flights between Hobart – Adelaide, with the first flight taking off on 22 October 2021, and the resumption of services between Hobart and Perth between 29 October 2021 and 25 April 2022.
To celebrate the announcement, Virgin Australia is offering the following one-way Economy Lite sale fares from today until midnight Sunday 26 September 2021 or until sold out:
- Hobart – Adelaide//Adelaide – Hobart – from $49*
- Hobart – Perth//Perth – Hobart – from $149*
The sale fares can be booked at virginaustralia.com and include double Status Credits^^ as part of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Rewards Program announced last week.
The news follows a number of other network announcements made by Virgin Australia in the past month, including the commencement of two new Launceston services as the airline pivots to reconnect Australia in new ways.
Virgin Australia Group Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer, Alistair Hartley said today’s announcement will reconnect more Australians in time for Christmas.
“Virgin Australia continues to look for new ways to expand our network schedule to create more travel opportunities for Australians where free movement across borders is permitted. That’s why we’re proud to announce the launch of services between Hobart, and Adelaide and Perth in time for Christmas,” said Mr Hartley.
“Over the past month, Virgin Australia has already announced two new Tasmanian services, so together that’s up to 18,000 more travellers who are able to explore the Apple Isle’s incredible tourist attractions and natural wonders, including Hobart’s MONA and the Salamanca markets and Launceston’s lavender estates and the seaside links of Australia’s premier golf destination, Barnbougle.
“To celebrate the launch of these new services which are now on sale, we’re giving our customers the chance to snap up a one-way Economy Lite fare between Hobart and Adelaide from as low as $49* and Hobart and Perth from $149*.
“Virgin Australia is now the only carrier to connect both Launceston and Hobart to five state capital cities including, Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.
“The good news keeps on coming. For the next six months, we’re also giving all Velocity members up to 100 per cent bonus Status Credits when they fly on eligible flights from 1 October, so they’ll be able to snag a bargain airfare to Hobart and be rewarded with up to twice as many Status Credits when they fly.^
“And for added confidence when booking, we’re also waiving applicable change fees and allowing unlimited changes for bookings for travel between now and 28 February 2022**, so our customers can book with confidence knowing they can change their booking if they need to,” he said.