Expressions of Interest are now open for Central Goldfields Shire Council’s new Walking and Cycling Advisory Group.
Council is looking for six local walking and cycling enthusiasts to work with Council, government and key organisations’ officers to provide advice to Council on the implementation and recommendations of the Central Goldfields Shire Walking and Cycling Strategy 2017-2026.
Some of the key focuses of the group will be:
- Promoting positive health and wellbeing
- Diverse transport options
- Building on the outcomes of the Walking and Cycling Strategy
- Providing strategic advice to Council on walking and cycling related issues and opportunities
- Facilitating and further developing existing walking and cycling opportunities within the Shire
- Improving infrastructure for existing tracks, trails and pathways
- Exploring the potential for a commercial operator to develop walking and cycling tourist businesses
Central Goldfields Shire Maryborough Ward Councillor and Walking and Cycling Advisory Group Chairperson Grace La Vella said any resident with expertise and passion in walking or cycling is encouraged to submit an Expression of Interest.
“Our Shire has many residents who are keen walkers and cyclists and I really encourage them to put their hand up to be part of this new and exciting Walking and Cycling Advisory Group. Ideally, we are looking for a mix of ages, gender identities, abilities, knowledge and experiences.
“Our Shire is renowned for its various walking and cycling tracks, this is our opportunity to improve on the existing network and develop the Walking and Cycling tracks to be more user friendly and accessible to locals and visitors alike.”