Following extensive community consultation, the Warners Park Masterplan was adopted at the Council meeting Monday 18 October.
The endorsement of the long term plan follows the opening of the new Warners Park Community Centre in June. This important new faciltiy for the whole community, in what was the former Northbridge Bowling Club, offers a hirable multipurpose community space with kitchen and break out room.
The Warners Park Master Plan 2021 is a long term plan that will guide the development of the Northbridge park over the next five to ten years. It aims to provide improved recreational opportunities for the community.
Key features include:
- Relocation of the community garden
- New concrete footpaths, stairs and formalised entries
- New passive recreation spaces
- Provision of fitness equipment,
- Installation of a storm water harvesting system
Following the exhibition of the draft plan in June this year, Council considered and addressed issues raised by the community.