Westpac has welcomed the announcement of a major new grants package from the NSW Government to support small businesses that have been financially impacted by the current COVID-19 restrictions.
“The NSW Government’s COVID-19 support package will be a much-needed boost for businesses that have had their trade and cashflow impacted by the latest restrictions,” said Chris de Bruin, Westpac Chief Executive Consumer & Business Banking.
“We know that many small business owners have been affected, and this financial support will assist with covering ongoing business expenses, like rent and wages, until it is safe to re-open the doors again.
“Small businesses have a critical role in supporting the New South Wales economy and keeping residents employed, and we all need to do our part in supporting the sector through this challenging time.
“Westpac is offering a range of financial support measures, and we have dedicated teams available to support small business customers with tailoring assistance to their personal circumstances,” said Mr de Bruin.
Westpac business customers in need of financial assistance can access a range of support, including:
- Case management support for our small business customers experiencing financial difficulty.
- Reduced or deferred repayments on asset and equipment finance and eligible business loans.
- Business loan restructuring with no fees incurred.
- Referrals to financial counsellors or other support services.
- Eligible customers may be able to access low interest rate business loans through the Federal Government’s SME Recovery Loan Scheme.
To speak with our hardship support teams, customers can call the following numbers: