A Whyalla man was arrested for stalking and will face court today.
It will be alleged the man approached a woman not known to him on three separate occasions, causing her to become fearful, between July and December 2018.
In November, another woman, also not known to the man, was followed by the man on two separate occasions, causing her to become fearful.
About 7am on Friday 8 March, a third woman, also not known to the man, was approached near the shopping centre at Whyalla Norrie. The man allegedly grabbed the woman by the arm before letting go and leaving the scene. The woman was not injured.
In the early hours of this morning, Monday 8 April, Whyalla Police arrested a 35-year-old Whyalla Stuart man and charged him with stalking and assault. He was refused police bail and will appear in the Whyalla Magistrates Court today.
Investigations are continuing and anyone who witnessed any of these incidents is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or online at www.crimestopperssa.com.au
Police urge anyone who experiences similar incidents to report it to police immediately.
The public are reminded to be vigilant with their personal safety and consider the following safety tips:
* Be alert, walk confidently and keep to well-lit and populated areas.
* Walk against the flow of traffic and if possible, walk with another person and carry a personal safety alarm or mobile phone.
* Let someone know where you are going and the time you will return.
* If you feel unsafe, head for a well-populated area.
* Be wary if someone in a car stops and asks you for directions. Keep a safe distance from the car.
* Be aware of your increased vulnerability when wearing personal headphones.
Report suspicious behaviour to police via the Police Assistance Line on 131 444 or in an emergency call Triple Zero.