Small businesses interested in learning more about tendering for government work are invited to attend an upcoming workshop in October.
The workshop will explore how each level of government – local, state and federal – is different and clarify terminology, protocols, and processes that must be followed when bidding for government tenders and grants or responding to requests to quote.
When: 6.00pm – 9.30pm on Thursday 17 October 2019
Where: Warragul Goods Shed, Warragul Railway Station
Tickets: $30 per person. Spaces are limited, bookings essential.
Workshop topics will cover how to:
- Become a supplier to local, state and federal governments.
- Communicate and engage, both within and across government departments.
- Market business capabilities and source opportunities.
- Apply for grants, tender and submit bids, or respond to requests to quote.
- Gain a competitive advantage and maximise opportunities for success.
- Access tools, templates, support and resources in future.
This workshop aims to provide an all-encompassing overview to guide small business owners to better position their businesses to stand out and win the many tenders and contract opportunities regularly available.
Attendees will be able to take away useful resources, checklists and templates, hints and practical tips to follow.
Tickets can be purchased via the Eventbrite website at www.eventbrite.com.au/e/winning-government-business-what-you-need-to-know-tickets-65628922875
This workshop is part of Council’s Economic Development Strategy to support local small business and increase business opportunities in Baw Baw Shire.
As stated by Mayor Cr Mikaela Power
“It’s not just big business that wins government contracts to deliver infrastructure, products and services – local small businesses can too. We want to support and encourage our local small businesses to apply for and win tenders and encourage any interested businesses to attend this workshop.”