This week Dubbo Regional Council (DRC) presented $15,000 to worthy recipients of the 2020/2021 Financial Assistance Program. DRC CEO, Mr Dean Frost, and Director of Liveability Ms Skye Price, presented cheques to the community groups that had made successful applications, followed by an afternoon tea.
DRC’s Director of Liveability, Ms Skye Price said it is extremely rewarding to assist these groups in their endeavours to provide great services for residents of the Dubbo region. ” We feel very privileged to be able to assist these wonderful groups deliver positive outcomes for the community. Each recipient is extremely worthy and I look forward to seeing how the funds from the Financial Assistance Program are implemented,” said MS Price.
CEO of Little Wings Children’s Flight Program, Clare Pearson said this money will go a long way in supporting families in need. “Little Wings, and the hundreds of families we assist, are deeply grateful for this incredible grant. With Council’s support, we are able to assist families from the Dubbo region through providing consistent support and truly easing the burden as they care for their seriously ill child. Little Wings is a 100 per cent donor funded organisation, so every dollar really does have a significant impact and we are do very grateful for this assistance and recognition of our mission,” said Clare Pearson, Little Wings CEO
Successful recipients of the latest round of the Financial Assistance Program, include:
- Dubbo & District Pipe Band Hall – $2,000. The funds will go towards costs associated with running the Band, including the purchase of uniforms for new members along with instruments and maintenance equipment.
- Rotary Club of Dubbo Macquarie Incorporated – $1,844. The funds will be used to facilitate the 2021 Book Fair, a fundraiser for the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS), South Eastern Section, and the Bill Walsh Cancer Research Centre.
- Dubbo Presbyterian Church – $2,500. The funds will be used to install a native garden to provide a visually appealing space on the corner of Sheraton Road.
- Little Wings Children’s Flight Program – $7,892. The funds will support families from the Dubbo Region with flights to Sydney to access life-saving treatment at Westmead & Sydney Children’s Hospitals.
- Orana Physical Culture – $764. The funds will provide club storage to protect dance outfits and accoutrements along with the purchase and offset costs of representative outfits, costumes and travel bags.
The next round of the Financial Assistance Program will open in September 2021 and DRC encourages all eligible community organisations to apply.