The 2021 Annual Grants and the Investing in Community (2021-2023) grants are both open from Thursday 15 October 2020 and will close on Sunday 29 November 2020 at 11:59pm.
Annual Grants 2021
Yarra City Council’s Annual Grants provide financial and in-kind support for a range of community initiatives and projects running in 2021.
If you’re interested in applying, we encourage you to read through the information below or check out the Annual Grants page on the Yarra City Council website.
We’re also planning on running some live Q&A sessions for interested candidates. We’ll let you know more details at the end of the Election Period following the 2020 Council Elections in October.
Decisions on Annual Grants recipients will be announced in mid-January 2021.
This year there are six categories from which you can apply for grants:
- Arts and Culture
- Community Development
- Climate Action
- Community Housing
- Family, Youth and Children
- Sports and Recreation
If you would like information about the funding priorities and maximum grant amount for each category you can download the Annual Grants 2021 guidelines.
You can also preview the application form on SmartyGrants.
Over $930,000 in funding was awarded for 150 projects running in 2020. The funded programs address a wide variety of local needs and promote connectedness and well-being across Yarra.
Investing in Community (2021-2023) Grants open on October 15
Applications for this grant round will open on October 15 and close on at 11:59pm on November 29. Decisions will be announced in February 2021.
- The total pool of funding available is $280,000 per year over three years.
- The ICG will focus on twenty-five Funding Priorities that represent priority elements of seven of the Council’s key strategic plans.
- We encourage you to read the Investing in Community Grants 2021-2023 Guidelines before submitting your application.
- View the list of grant recipients from the previous round to get an idea of the kind of applications we’re looking for.
Have a question?
If you have a question about the 2021 Annual Grants or Investing In Communities (2021-2023) Grants, you can ask us online, or call us on 03 9205 5170 or 03 9205 5146.