Victoria’s tourism industry has shone bright at the 2022 Qantas Australian Tourism Awards, after taking home a massive haul of 11 medals.
The awards, which were held in Sydney, recognise business excellence in tourism and acknowledges the important role tourism operators play.
Geelong Gallery, The Woods Ocean Grove, ‘Viva Bendigo’ by City of Greater Bendigo and Urban Camp Melbourne all received Gold Awards in their respective categories.
Victoria’s tourism industry continues to rebound with recent National Visitor Survey results showing that spending by domestic overnight visitors in December 2022 was 34% above the pre pandemic amount in December 2019.
The Victorian winners were:
- Geelong Gallery – Cultural Tourism
- The Woods Ocean Grove – Self Contained Accommodation
- ‘Viva Bendigo’ by City of Greater Bendigo – Tourism Marketing & Campaigns
- Urban Camp Melbourne – 3-3.5 Star Accommodation
- CENTREPIECE at Melbourne Park — New Tourism Business
- Searoad Ferries – Major Tour & Transport Operators
- Tallawarra Homestead — Hosted Accommodation
- Macedon Ranges Autumn Festival — Festivals & Events
- Tesselaar KaBloom – Major Festivals & Events
- Bendigo Visitor Centre — Visitor Information Services
- Billson’s Brewery — Tourism Wineries, Distilleries & Breweries
See the full list of award recipients by visiting the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards website.