ACU’s Institute of Child Protection Studies is part of a new Global Safeguarding Alliance (GSA) that will promote knowledge and worldwide exchange on safeguarding and the prevention of abuse of children, adolescents and other vulnerable people.
The GSA, which will consult and seek advice from survivors, has created a network of initiatives around the world to promote safeguarding as a voluntary association of academic, teaching, and research institutions, as well as practice-oriented professional schools and individual experts.
Members of the GSA include:
- Institute of Child Protection Studies, Australian Catholic University
- Centre for Child Protection, Pontificia Università Gregoriana
- Centro de investigación y formación interdisciplinar para la protección del menor,
- Universidad Pontificia de México
- Catholic Safeguarding Institute, Ateneo de Manila University Campus
- Centrum Ochrony Dziecka / Child Protection Centre, Kraków, Poland
- Safeguarding Commission of the Jesuit Conference of South-Asia – CCP Unit, De Nobili
- College, Pune, India
- Universidad Alberto Hurtado, Santiago de Chile
- Centre for Catholic Studies, Durham University
- Sr. Rejoice Enyonam Hoedoafia, individual expert in the field of Safeguarding (Ghana)
The GSA will serve as a sign of the Catholic Church’s commitment to a safer church and world. It will also jointly develop global standards for academic programmes, certificates and safeguarding systems and ensure adaption at the local level.