Recognising the importance of taking a break from the everyday, Destination NSW has put a modern spin on “staycation” launching a suite of ultimate Sydney Playcation itineraries, to inspire Sydneysiders to book an overnight hotel stay, explore their city and support their local businesses.
Luxe harbourside hotel suites, celebrated eateries and bars, signature spa treatments,
top shopping spots and an eclectic mix of neighbourhoods feature alongside a swag of celebrated experiences that make Sydney such a sought after city for visitors and locals alike.
NSW Minister for Jobs, Investment, Tourism and Western Sydney Stuart Ayres encouraged locals to rediscover why Sydney is one of the world’s most desirable global cities.
“Our inspiring waterfront views, city beaches, amazing bars and restaurants and unique attractions are not just for international visitors – they’re ready to welcome us back and remind us what makes Sydney special in a new, COVID safe context,” Minister Ayres said.
Destination NSW Chief Executive Officer, Steve Cox said Destination NSW had developed the new Sydney Playcation itineraries to encourage Sydneysiders to take a break from the working-from-home routine and get out and enjoy their city.
“Our Sydney Playcation itineraries are a shout out to locals to come and show the city some love. The world-class experiences and venues that are so integral to the fabric of Sydney are still here and these businesses need our support,” said Mr Cox.
Covering a variety of Playcay themes, the itineraries are curated by key travel interest areas that make NSW the number one Australian state for holidaymakers, and depict a range of unique offerings across Sydney and Greater Sydney.
“The Sydney Playcation itineraries are a reminder to Sydney locals that there are still so many great experiences and there is still so much fun to be had in the city right now. Now’s a great time to support our businesses by taking time out to explore our own city with the assurance that our businesses are complying with COVID safety practices,” Mr Cox said.
Destination NSW’s Sydney Playcay itineraries feature the CBD and Greater Sydney options. Highlights include:
- Luxury: Take a cruise on ‘Tango’, the largest private charter vessel on Sydney Harbour, indulge in a seven-course feast at Aria, book a Sydney Seaplane to Newport for lunch and stay in five-star luxury at Park Hyatt Sydney.
- Family: Take a Twilight climb with BridgeClimb Sydney, cruise Sydney with Bonza Bike Tours, explore Taronga Zoo Sydney and SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium and book in the Family Fun Package at the Four Seasons Sydney sleeping in a teepee.
- Foodie: Feast on sustainable seafood at Saint Peter, take a rum spicing masterclass at Brix Distillers, and stay at Paramount House Hotel with room service from Poly.
- Culture: View the Streeton Exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW, Lindy Lee at the Museum of Contemporary Art, the world’s most significant collection of Chinese contemporary art at White Rabbit Gallery, and stay in style at the Old Clare Hotel.
- Romance: Book into Pier One Sydney’s Luxe Igloo Suites, dine under whimsical pendant lights at LuMi Dining, enjoy cocktails at Mister Percy, feast on fabulous French cuisine by candlelight at Restaurant Hubert, and picnic in the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney with a hamper from Sydney Picnic Co.
- South West Sydney: Visit Sydney Zoo, dine at The Paper Mill, explore Cabramatta with a Taste of Vietnam Tour, see multi-disciplinary exhibitions at Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre, and stay overnight at the William Inglis Hotel.
- Cronulla: Oceanside dining at ZimZala and Next Door Cafe, sip cocktails in small bar The Blind Bear, rejuvenate with yoga on the beach with Ying Bean, explore local street art, and book the family in for a beach-side stay at Rydges Cronulla.
For more info on Sydney and to view the Sydney Playcay itineraries, visit Sydney.com.
Share your favourite Sydney and NSW holidays on social media by using the hashtag #LoveNSW and #ILoveSydney.