East Gippsland Shire Council is seeking expressions of interest from small farms and micro-agribusinesses to participate in the Agribusiness Program.
Funded by Regional Development Victoria and East Gippsland Shire Council, and delivered by ION Group (Gippsland based), the program will assist small farms and micro-agribusinesses to consider diversification and/or value adding to increase income and income security from the land.
Participants will be involved in group workshops, individual business and adaptation sessions, and monthly mentoring sessions to support the implementation of ideas.
What’s in it for you?
1. Identification of potential business diversification.
2. Development of an adaption plan for your business.
3. 12 month’s practical support.
4. Access to new management tools.
5. Opportunity to improve financial performance and business security.
The program will be delivered in three streams over a 12-month period, starting in February, and is available for up to 45 small farms and micro-agribusinesses across East Gippsland. The program workshops sessions will be delivered in each of these three regions:
· Tambo Valley Region (including Omeo and Ensay)
· Orbost/Cann River Valley Region (including Buchan)
· Bairnsdale Region (including Lindenow, Bruthen, Lakes Entrance and Bengworden)
It is fully funded and there is no charge to participate – the only commitment is your time and enthusiasm to work on your business. Any drought-affected businesses in East Gippsland located outside of the areas indicated on the map can apply by sending an Expression of Interest.