Regional Investigations Unit detectives have charged a 32-year-old man with seven offences as a result of their investigation into an armed robbery and a series of stealing incidents across several suburbs in the past few days.
It will be alleged the man was involved in five incidents with details below:-
• About 2.50pm on Saturday 31 October 2020, the man stole liquor from a Liquor Store located on Great Eastern Highway in Belmont.
• About 3.30pm on Saturday 31 October 2020, the man threatened staff at a service station located on Great Eastern Highway in Ascot. He threatened to harm the staff and demanded money from the till. He fled with a small sum of cash.
• About 4.45pm on Sunday 1 November 2020, the man stole liquor from a liquor store located on Guildford Road in Maylands.
• About 5.10pm on Sunday 1 November 2020, the man stole prescription medication from a chemist located on Guildford Road in Maylands.
• About 1.00pm on 2 November 2020, the man produced a knife and threatened staff at a chemist located at a shopping centre in Cockburn. He fled with prescription medication and was apprehend by police a short time later.
The 32-year-old man of no fixed address has been charged with:-
? Four counts of Stealing;
? One count of Armed Robbery;
? One count of Robbery; and
? One count of Burglary and Commit.
He is due to appear before the Perth Magistrates Court today, 3 November 2020.