Kempsey Shire Council adopted a revised plan for the Back Creek foreshore carpark area at Tuesday’s Council meeting.
The initial plans for the area, designed by Royal HaskoningDHV in 2017, assisted Council in attracting grant funding to deliver upgrades over the last 18 months including the construction of a new amenities.
Following community feedback and a review of the original plan, a revised concept design option was developed for the area in the immediate vicinity of the footbridge.
This option was then placed on public exhibition with council receiving 27 responses from the community online and two written submissions.
The revised concept design has been adopted with minor changes and feedback from residents will be considered in the design and construction phases.
The adopted design includes:
- the removal of the roundabout
- adding disabled parking to two locations
- improving footpath connectivity
- balancing parking with usable green space that includes picnic tables and barbecues
- improving access for all users through a range of steps from accessible parking spots to amenities and formalised paths