Please see the following EMERGENCY WARNING FOR A BUSHFIRE BURNING UNDER CATASTROPHIC WEATHER CONDITIONS from the CFS: Issued for Hillier, Hillier Park, Munno Para Downs, Kudla, Munno Para West and Angle Vale near Gawler.
You are in danger. Take shelter in a solid building. Do not leave or enter this area in a vehicle or on foot. It is too late to leave as the roads will not be safe.
Conditions are dangerous and firefighters are now unable to prevent the fire spreading. Shelter before the fire arrives as heat can kill you well before the flames reach you.
The NORTHERN EXPRESSWAY, ANGLE VALE fire is uncontrolled. This grass fire is burning in a South East direction towards Munno Para Downs. Conditions are continually changing.
Shapes on this map image indicate the Warning Area to which this message applies.
BLUE: Advice Message; YELLOW: Watch and Act Message; RED: Emergency Warning
For updates listen to your local ABC radio station on a battery powered radio, visit the CFS website www.cfs.sa.gov.au or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: 20/12/2019 12:45
Homes are not built to withstand these fire conditions, however they can be used as a shelter against heat from the fire.
You may lose power, water, phone and data connections.
Fire crews are responding but you should not expect a firefighter at your door.
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan.
- Protect yourself from the fire’s heat, put on protective clothing.
- Tell family or friends of your plan.
- If you are driving and become stuck in your car, park away from bushes, cover yourself, get onto the floor as the windows may break from the intense heat.
- Identify a spot to shelter in, with more than one exit. Keep moving so you are away from the heat of the fire.
- Move flammable materials such as doormats, wheelie bins and outdoor furniture away from your house.
- Bring pets inside and restrain them.
- Close doors and windows to keep smoke out.
- If you have sprinklers, turn them on to wet the area.
- If the building catches fire, go to an area already burnt. Check around you for anything burning.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.