A Bushfire Watch and Act Message has been issued for Cuddle Creek Road, Cuddle Creek approximately 2 km south east of Cudlee Creek Township in the Mount Lofty Ranges near Fox Creek Road.
BUSHFIRE WATCH AND ACT MESSAGE
Message ID: 0002301
Time Message Issued: 16:50
Date Message Issued: 12/11/2018
Fire Origin / Fire Name: CUDLEE CREEK ROAD, CUDLEE CREEK
Issued for Cuddle Creek Road, Cuddle Creek approximately 2km south east of Cudlee Creek Township in the Mount Lofty Ranges near Fox Creek Road
Take action now as this bushfire may threaten your safety. If you are not prepared, leave now and if the path is clear, go to a safer place. Do not enter this area as conditions are dangerous.
The CUDLEE CREEK ROAD, CUDLEE CREEK fire is uncontrolled. This scrub fire is burning in a south easterly direction towards Fox Creek Road and Kelly Road . Conditions are continually changing.
Shapes on this map image indicate the Warning Area to which this message applies.
BLUE: Advice Message; YELLOW: Watch and Act Message; RED: Emergency Warning
For updates listen to your local ABC radio station on a battery powered radio, visit the CFS website www.cfs.sa.gov.au or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
Homes that have been built to withstand a bushfire, and are prepared to the highest level, may provide safety.
You may lose power, water, phone and data connections.
Fire crews are responding but you should not expect a firefighter at your door.
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan.
- Protect yourself from the fire’s heat – put on protective clothing.
- Tell family and friends of your plans.
IF YOU ARE LEAVING:
- Leave now, don’t delay.
- Roads may become blocked or access may change. Smoke will reduce visibility.
- Secure your pets for travel.
- If you become stuck in your car, park away from bushes, cover yourself, get onto the floor as the windows may break from the intense heat.
PREPARE TO DEFEND:
- Identify a spot to shelter in, with more than one exit, keep moving away from the heat of the fire.
- Bring pets inside and restrain them.
- Move flammable materials such as doormats, wheelie bins and outdoor furniture away from your house.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- CFS website : cfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- CFS on Facebook or Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners.