International Women’s Day has taken a new light in Camden this year, with the announcement of a full program to celebrate.
Celebrated on 8 March, local women are this year invited to celebrate International Women’s Day throughout the month of March. A number of exciting activities and events are available for the community, including:
- 2021 Camden Council International Women’s Day Gala Evening – Council is partnering with Blue Wren House – Camden Women’s Shelter to celebrate women’s achievements. Hear from keynote speaker, Tracey Spicer, and panel members including community leader and Australia Day Awards Local Hero 2021, Rosemary Kariuki-Fyfe; Western Sydney-based commercial lawyer and founder of Bankstown Poetry Slam, Sara Mansour and Blue Wren Chair, Scott Taylor.
WHEN Thursday 11 March, 6-9pm
WHERE Gledswood Homestead and Winery
COST $90 per person
TO BOOK camdenwomensshelter.org.au/shop
- BreastScreen NSW in Camden – free screening for women over the age of 40 years
WHEN Now, until Friday 12 March
WHERE Onslow Oval, Camden
TO BOOK breastscreen.nsw.gov.au
- Movie Night – Camden residents can purchase a subsidised movie ticket to see Blackbird, a film about a terminally ill mother arranging to bring her family together one last time.
WHEN From 8 March to 31 March 2021
WHERE Unites Cinemas Narellan
COST $10 for general seating or $15 for recliner seating, including popcorn and beverage
- Free yoga sessions – Women aged over 18 years, who live in the Camden area, are invited to attend
WHEN Tuesday 9 March, 7.30-8.pm; and Friday 12 March, 11.30am-12.15pm
WHERE Mount Annan Leisure Centre
TO BOOK trybooking.com/BOYMR
- Free women’s self-defence class – Open to women over 18 years, who live in the Camden area.
WHEN Friday 12 March, 12.30-1.30pm OR 6-7pm
WHERE The PIT Martial Arts, Health and Fitness Centre, Unit 10/156 Hartley Road, Smeaton Grange
TO BOOK trybooking.com/BOYCQ
- Free WILMA Women’s How to Relax and Sleep Well online course – Learn gentle, effective techniques to help you relax and unwind into a great night’s sleep.
WHEN Every Tuesday, 2-30 March, 7-8.30pm
WHERE Held online via Zoom