Police have arrested a man after an incident that occurred in the early hours of this morning, Sunday 3 March 2019 in Lakelands.
Around 12.20am, Mandurah Police officers were conducting patrols of the area when they sighted a Holden Commodore sedan travelling along Lake Valley Drive in an erratic manner.
It will be alleged when the officers activated their emergency lights and sirens to stop the vehicle, the driver accelerated away in an attempt to evade them.
It is further alleged the Holden Commodore was driven through multiple suburbs before the driver abandoned the vehicle on Camelot Street in Baldivis and ran into nearby bushland.
Three occupants of the vehicle were taken into custody.
Police Dog Faustus was deployed and he tracked the driver to his hiding place behind bushes.
The 20-year-old man of no fixed address has been charged with:-
• Driver of Vehicle Failed to Comply with a Direction to Stop (Circumstance of Aggravation):
• Reckless Driving to Escape Pursuit by Police;
• No Authority to Drive;
• Possess a Prohibited Drug (Cannabis);
• Possess a Prohibited Drug (Methylamphetamine); and
• Possess a Prohibited Weapon.
He is due to appear in the Perth Magistrates Court today, 3 March 2019.