Under the continued easing of COVID restrictions for regional Victoria, a number of City of Ballarat services and facilities will be able to reopen on Friday 11 June.
The Following services will reopen in the coming days:
- The Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre (BALC), with limited casual access via an online booking system. Group fitness, learn to swim, gymnastics and the café will remain closed.
- Art Gallery of Ballarat, with capacity and density quotients in place.
- Eureka Centre, with capacity and density quotients in place.
- Her Majesty’s Ballarat box office, with capacity and density quotients in place. Planning for a return to performances is underway.
- Parent Place will reopen from Tuesday 15 June, 10am-12pm, with density quotients in place.
- Ballarat Mining Exchange, with capacity and density quotients in place.
Civic Hall will remain closed due to ongoing works at the building.
You can also view the latest updated information on our website www.ballarat.vic.gov.au/whats-open-and-whats-closed
City of Ballarat Mayor, Cr Daniel Moloney, welcomed the announcement from the state government.
“It is a wonderful thing that we will again be able to see more of our friends, get back to the gym, and continue to support our local restaurants and shops,” he said.
“The staff at the Gallery, BALC, and other council services able to reopen are thrilled to be able to welcome patrons back through their doors.
“However, with varying levels of travel restrictions still in place in some parts of the state, council is encouraging locals to stay put, explore our wonderful city and support our local businesses who are having a tough tourism season.”
“I urge everyone to make sure you are checking in everywhere you go and being kind and considerate of each other, wearing masks and keeping our distance where possible.”
A reminder that face masks need to be always carried and must be worn indoors (except at home or if an exception applies) and must be worn outdoors, where 1.5m physical distancing cannot be maintained from other people.
For a list of dedicated COVID-19 testing sites in Ballarat, visit www.bhs.org.au/news-and-events/covid-19-information/testing-for-covid-19/
Ballarat’s COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic is located at the Mercure Hotel and Conference Centre, 613 Main Road Golden Point, with bookings available.
Bookings for the can be made by calling the Victorian Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398.
For the latest on restrictions across the state, visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/how-we-live-information-regional-victoria