Australia’s biggest companies recommend NAB’s corporate and institutional bankers to their peers more than any other bank, according to the 2021 Peter Lee Associates Large Corporate and Institutional Banking Survey.
Surveys released by Peter Lee today are leading indicators of performance across corporate and institutional banking in Australia, covering Relationship Banking, Transactional Banking and Debt Securities Origination.
NAB’s Corporate & Institutional Bank received an overall net promoter score of +37, the highest of any bank in Australia. Net Promoter Score (NPS) measures customer loyalty and satisfaction with a company.1
David Gall, Group Executive – Corporate and Institutional Banking, said this was an outstanding result for NAB and demonstrated a focus on being there for clients when they needed us and delivering on what we promised.
“Our most important job is serving customers well. This set of results really highlights how our bankers have supported institutional businesses with creative ideas and the right solutions,” Mr Gall said
“The foundation of those relationships, along with a deep focus on the right products and services, is helping support new opportunities and growth for our clients in 2021 and beyond. We thank our clients for their participation in the survey and for their feedback.
“In particular, Transactional Banking results show our investment in rebuilding our transactional offer and improving our digital platforms is the absolutely right way forward. We also continue to maintain an impressive leadership position across a full range of origination products, with a strength and depth of service unmatched by other providers in capital markets.”
NAB’s 2021 Peter Lee Associates highlights included:
- #1 Net Promoter Score (NPS) in Australia at +37 2
- #1 overall satisfaction for products and services 2
- #1 in creative ideas and solutions 2
- #1 relationship strength in transaction banking 3
- #1 debt securities origination relationship strength 4
About Peter Lee Associates (PLA)
- PLA is an Australian Research & Consulting firm for the financial services industry. Formerly known as Greenwich Associates, Peter Lee and his team have been running Australian & New Zealand research since 1985.
- The Peter Lee Associates Large Corporate and Institutional Relationship Banking Survey is a leading indicator of performance across wholesale banking in Australia. Approximately 590 Australian based large corporate institutions were surveyed for this primary report. It’s the largest Corporate & Institutional Relationship Banking survey run in Australia and NZ.
- All attempts are made to interview in person or zoom, with interviews lasting 45-60 mins on average.
1 Net Promoter® and NPS® are registered trademarks, and Net Promoter Score and Net Promoter System are trademarks of Bain & Company, Satmetrix Systems and Fred Reichheld. Net Promoter Score measures the likelihood of a customer’s recommendation to others for retail or business banking.
2 Peter Lee Associates – Large Corporate and Institutional Banking Survey Australia 2021. Ranking against the four major domestic banks.
3 Peter Lee Associates – Transaction Banking Survey Australia 2021. Ranking against the four major domestic banks.
4 Peter Lee Associates – Debt Securities Originations Survey Australia 2021. Ranking against all banks.