Stage Two construction work at Narellan Sports Hub has met an important milestone, with a number of elements to be completed by the end of the month.
Narellan Sports Hub Stage Two will provide additional netball courts, a synthetic athletics track, a full-size rugby league field, a criterium cycling track and a pedestrian and cycle path network.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Theresa Fedeli, said it was fantastic to see the second stage of the Narellan Sports Hub coming to fruition.
“By the end of May, the Porrende Street roundabout upgrade and full-size rugby league field is set to be completed. This follows the completion of the pedestrian bridge and two kilometres of shared path,” Cr Fedeli said.
“New carparking for both the rugby league and hockey fields are also complete and I look forward to seeing the rest of the project come to life in the coming months.
“Once complete, Narellan Sports Hub will be the sporting mecca of south west Sydney and able to host a number of state competitions across many sports, including netball, athletics, hockey and rugby league.”
The cost of Stage two works is $17.6 million and is funded through a $5 million grant from the Greater Sydney Sports Facility Fund, $11.3 million under the Western Parkland City Liveability Program with the Australian and NSW governments jointly contributing and Council $1.3 million.
Facilities to be completed as part of the project by December 2021 include:
- An additional 14 netball courts with floodlighting;
- A synthetic athletics track, including field and jump facilities, floodlighting, drainage and irrigation;
- An additional full-size rugby league field to replace the existing smaller ‘mod league’ field, including floodlighting and drainage;
- An athletics administration/club building;
- An additional 1,150 car parking spaces, in four new areas;
- Internal access roads;
- A criterium cycling track;
- A road and pedestrian bridge over the existing drainage corridor;
- A pedestrian and cycle path network; and
- A major upgrade of the Porrende Street roundabout.
For more information visit camden.nsw.gov.au and search ‘Narellan Sports Hub’.