In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Maroondah City Council is taking action to contain the spread of the virus and reduce the risk to the health of our community, including implementing our Pandemic Plan and Business Continuity Management Plans.
The Victorian Government has declared a State of Emergency for the next four weeks which includes:
- Implementing a shutdown of all non-essential activity across the state including gyms, indoor sporting venues, pubs, hotels, cinemas, casinos, restaurants and cafes (restricted to take away or home delivery).
- Essential services include health services, supermarkets, banks, pharmacies, petrol stations and convenience stores. Businesses, freight, logistics and home delivery are also considered essential and will remain open.
A message from the Mayor – Friday 27 March
What changes have been implemented?
The bans being implemented across the state are important to slow the spread of infection and reduce the impact on our hospitals and health services.
For this reason, Council has made the decision to close a number of facilities until Tuesday 14 April, the facilities are:
- Realm (entire facility)
- Braeside Avenue (service centre only)
- Croydon Library (including Council’s Customer Service counter)
- Karralyka (entire facility)
- Maroondah Federation Estate (except Meals on Wheels)
- Wyreena Community Arts Centre (entire facility)
- Aquanation (entire facility)
- Aquahub (entire facility)
- Maroondah Nets (entire facility)
- The Rings (entire facility)
- Croydon Memorial Pool (season closed early).
A number of community events have also been cancelled or postponed. Please visit our events page for a full list of event cancellations. Some cancellations include:
- Ringwood Carnival (cancelled)
- Karralyka theatre shows and Toe Tapping Tuesday events (cancelled until end of April)
- Maroondah Night Run (postponed).
Not all Council facilities and services will be impacted. The below facilities and services will continue to operate:
- Ringwood Golf
- Dorset Golf
- Maternal and Child Health appointments
- Immunisation sessions
- Occasional Care
- Family Day Care
- NDIS support
- Meals on Wheels
- Waste collection.
While our customer service centres are closed we encourage customers to use our extensive range of online services