An extreme weather event, bringing 5 days of heavy rain and extensive flooding, has impacted much of the Sydney Basin and Blacktown City Council local government area.
To assist with the clean-up efforts for the collection and dispose of waste, Blacktown City Council will be operating a curb-side pickup.
Council assistance for flood-damaged areas
Starting Saturday 27 March, Council will operate the curb-side pickup service for damaged goods and household furniture in flood-affected areas.
The following suburbs and streets will be visited by Council crews until the goods have been removed.
- The Avenue at Walker Parade, Angus (formerly Riverstone)
- Palmerston Rd and Simpson Hill Rd, Mount Druitt
- Carnarvon Rd, Schofields/Riverstone, and Clark St and Riverstone Rd, Riverstone
- Durham Rd, Kerry/Angus Rd, Townsend Rd, and Jersey Rd, Schofields
- White St, Riverstone Rd, Shanes Park Rd, South Creek Rd, and Eight Avenue Bridge, Shanes Park
Residents will not need to book for this service.
Council is aware there may be other areas requiring curb-side pickup. Residents in flood-affected areas can contact Council’s call centre with further questions on (02) 9839 6000.
Normal waste services will not be affected
Please note that the regular Council curb-side waste collection will operate as usual. Please book via Council website.
Photo: Flooding along Bandon Road in the Vineyard-Riverstone area of Blacktown City.