Mildura Rural City Council has established a Community Relief Service to support our community through the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mildura Mayor Simon Clemence said the new service was driven by a dedicated team offering a suite of support, information and referral services, ensuring residents had a central point to find help.
“The last thing you need at a time like this is struggling to find the support or reliable information you require,” Cr Clemence said.
“Our Community Relief Service has been set up to quickly connect people to the support they need, making it as easy as possible to access help or information.”
Key services include:
- access to food parcels, prepared meals, shopping vouchers and essential items for those who are isolated or experiencing hardship
- assistance with grocery shopping
- referral to local, state and national support services
- volunteering opportunities to help others in our community
- help with collecting prescriptions or medicine.
Residents can access the new service in three ways: