Horsham Rural City Council is closely monitoring the coronavirus situation and making preparations for the potential challenges ahead.
DHHS is the lead Victorian agency dealing with the coronavirus disease. We are encouraging people to stay informed directly with DHHS.
HRCC is preparing for future changes to the situation and we will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as changes occur.
CHANGES TO COUNCIL SERVICES
Council is reviewing and adjusting provision of services. In particular we are reviewing public-facing roles and Council-run events with a view to supporting health authorities as they seek to limit spread of the virus.
At this stage, most Council operated community facilities such as libraries, community centres and recreational facilities remain open with no changes to operations. However this is subject to change.
We have enacted our pandemic response plan and a Council working group is meeting daily to evaluate and respond to the latest COVID-19 developments. Our decision making is being informed by advice from health authorities.
Services and events cancelled or postponed
- Council Community Conversation (March 16, Horsham)
- Youth Week activities
- Cultural Diversity Week Horsham activities
Services and events restricted or impacted
- The Mibus Centre Library in Horsham will remain open. However all group activities and programs involving clusters of people will be cancelled for an indefinite period
- Horsham Regional Livestock Exchange is as a critical service to help ensure food security. To ensure that sales can continue, Council needs to limit the attendance by non-essential people at the site. Access during the sale will be restricted to agents, buyers, transport operators, Council and its staff. The general public will not be able to attend, even if they are sellers at the sale.We are conscious that many regular attendees are in an age bracket that is potentially more vulnerable to the virus, and are taking this measure as a means of ensuring continuity of the sales.
Services and events unchanged
- At this stage, the Horsham Aquatic Centre will remain fully operational. However, extra cleaners are being deployed as a precautionary measure
- Horsham Town Hall is operating as usual with additional cleaning of high touch surfaces and provision of hand sanitiser
- Waste collection services to continue as scheduled
- Home Support Services are operating as normal
- Horsham and Grampians Visitor Information Centre remains open
- Council’s Customer Service Centre at the Civic Centre remains open
- Kalkee Road Children’s and Community Hub to remain open, including kindergarten, maternal and child health and immunisation services.